Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Kissy Kissy!




8 years old
I enjoyed family gatherings. I just found the first 5-10 minutes slightly uncomfortable. I'd go round and round do the whole kissy kissy scene, get my cheeks pinched, a spontaneous squeeze on my tummy and and sometimes a pat on the back.

----------------


13 years old
I started disliking the beginnings, cuz now you have your distant cousins doing the whole 3 kissy thing when you only expect two But no no no they have to drag you back for a third
*mwah* on cheek number 2.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!

----------------


16 years old
It got more complicated. Why? Because amongst conservative relatives they actually take great interest in how you handle yourself. Meaning, do you know which men you're not supposed to
*mwah* *mwah*?? Correct Answer: NO! So what I used to do is go around and *mwah* *mwah* just about everyone there. Moments later I get a 20 minute lecture on how I lack decent etiquette and an evil look is shot to my mother by the lady with the pointing finger.

----------------


Lebanon
Over there you're supposed to
*mwah* *mwah* everyone- only now its *mwah* *mwah* *mwah*!. Mind you this is different from the ever so annoying double *mwah* on the same cheek. In this one its: right cheek, left cheek back to right cheek.

----------------

Today

I have learned my lesson and now find the beginnings amusing. Technique: I extend my hand and try to keep a straight face. If you lean in I'll *mwah* you right back. If not you're missing out on some cheek action with the jan6a . If you happen to be a triple *mwah* kinda chick I expect you to give me a heads up, maybe a nudge?


Note: its *mwah* cuz there's no actual kisisng going on, its just cheek to cheek action avec sound effects.


*Snogadelic!

13 comments:

Baroque said...

hehe bil thab6!
omg! i wouldn't have said it any better myself! Bulls eye! i hate the triple mwahs and sometimes loose coordination and end up having my cheek banged with another person's nose or *cringe* accidently gonna kiss their mouths..
as for the not knowing who to kiss, tell me about it.. i wish there was an instruction manual or else the words "kiss" or "don't kiss" would blink on relatives who are guy's foreheads..

Luckybellybuddha said...

ba3ad el bedwin kissing,, its men touching noses & making with their lips the kiss sound bs i don't know how to write it, you know like when you close your lips pointed tight & then let go hehe,, 3ayara has seen? I don't know if their women do the same too mind.hehe

Babbler said...

my 19-year old bro started doing the 'nose-kiss' (what bellybuddy was talking about) at home. So, there I was with my head still and he came so close and tapped my nose and then actually did the kiss gesture and noise with his lips. It freaked me out! I thought he was going to kiss me on the lips. I thought that the men actually just nudge eachother's noses...not couple it with a lip action!
and then..they have problems with gays..

YoOoNa said...

new template!
nice nice ;D

oo 7addaa 7ousa il kissing, 7ata ako some ppl bass eysalmoon mwah wa7da! kil a7ad ghaiir ;p

Bravecat said...

Mwah mwah mwaaaaaahhhhhhhh :^)

=^..^=

Rimyoleta said...

I like this template :D
I like this one ...Cute:D

Luckybellybuddha said...

(But no no no they have to drag you back for a third *mwah* on cheek number 2).. answering your quwstion dear: could it be that the baby had very cute cheeks? bitable if i may add

Jan6a said...

Howdy partners! I'm still playing around with the colors to see whats most legible. The template was all done by King of Html - MISGUIDED! I drove him crazy through the whole process so Misguided - Thanks a million!

Okaay so lets get started:

merry yumm: I think there is a right way! But what the hell justifies the 3-4 mwah's by the annoyin distant relatives. Sometimes I scan the room and based on how they're dressed I wonder to myself "hmm she's a 3 mwah'er isn't she"


charisma: I'm glad i'm not alone! There are so many cringe moments in my day to day life- with my close friends we stopped even doin the standard double mwah! Seriously who needs that?

Ms.Baker: hehe snogadelic girl haa :p You're not alone, whenever I screw up I make up for it with adding 4-5 mwah's making it humorous so people forget about my screw up. And thanks for the compliment on the blog - Misguided did it all and he's been fabulous all the way.

pinky: Great Minds think alike :> As for the template it's the work of the lovely Misguided on www.dwblog.net!In my books he's the king of htm. Check out their site, he has tutorials on how to funk up your blog. If you ask nicely (by that i mean beg, he might turn you into a Swan)

7tenths: it looks even more ridiculous when you're doing it abroad and you get all these westerners trying to figure out what these gaylords are doing.

Babbler buddy!: hehe they actually couple the nose with their lips? Thats friggin nastaay! My brother never did the nose gesture, he used to grab my arm and force me to do the cheek banging shibangbang.

voluble aneroxic: 3ndy i7sas you're one of those 3 mwah girls. Please tell me I'm wrong. :p

geo: Sheeet! You win the the brownie for saddest situation then. I wouldn't wanna be in your crowd :p

laialy:
1. Thanks, Misguided was the mastermind behind the template, glad you like.
2. If I did the salam wave thing in front of my mother she'd squish me with her eyes!
3. I always smell good, but our paths ever cross a wave would suffice :p

rimyoleta: Merci Merci :*

buddha buddy : Yeah i've seen the bedouin thing its like what the royals do only the bedouins add a bounce to it hehe it's like they do a lil jump.
Next topic: baby jan6a's cheeks-they honestly looked like an inflated balloon, perhaps like the Belly? :p

Cat Woman: I hope this template isn't taxing on your eyes. Lemme know if it still is and I'll play around with it.

jashanmal: Ee shift shlon, hathy allay yisalmik badlat il3eed bs yat mitakhra shway. And mucho gracias for you compliment, very flattering :>

tears: You wanna talk about shocked faces, I kissed my cousin at his wedding! Lets say the 'crowd' wasn't happy with what I did! :p

YoOoNa said...

LOOL! it depends on wut 3 mwahz u mean? the right-left-right mwah, LAA2!! killish i hate it a9lan!

bass the right-left-left hmmm it's not exactly 3 sa3at akthar lol ;p oo sa3at to3tabaar 2 coz i just give a BIIIIIIIIIIG mwah on the left cheek oo 5ala9na ;p like this "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwaaaaaaah"
mo mwah il3adiya ;p

Luckybellybuddha said...

((baby jan6a's cheeks-they honestly looked like an inflated balloon, perhaps like the Belly?.)) who's sneaky.. ha? I HATE you.....Never :-p

Hanan said...

lol. we need a "kissing in the middle east for dummies" :) You seem to have covered Kuwait and Lebanon, finish it up.

oh and i like the green. lookin good jan6a

Bravecat said...

Awww thanks! It's great now! I can read everything in one go! :^)

Bravecat said...

And once more:
Mwahh mwahh MWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH